BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bruce Marcham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 16:39:06 -0500
I didn't think you were required to remove floor tile as long as it
isn't breaking up (corners often curl and then brake off) or isn't
cleaned agressively (buffers with abrasive pads).  Be aware that the
tile may be easily removed (cover with soapy water) but the mastic
underneath often contains asbestos as well and isn't as easy to remove.
I guess the good news is the mastic isn't as friable...

Painting sounds like a good way to encapsulated it.  I haven't got any
experience however.