BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heidi Harendza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Astral Rendered Bee Wax -TM"
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 15:42:32 EDT
In a message dated 04/10/2000 11:14:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> And, wouldn't have to worry
>  about microwave towers, hiding cell towers with plastic conifer branches,
>  and so on.

I saw a great slide of this at the 'Preserving Historic Roads' conference
where Ispent the weekend: A prime example exists on the Garden State Parkway.
Hot topics included the historic register eligibility of the Garden State
Parkway, the historical importance of Route 1 (Wal-mart and all) and NJ's
Historic Roads Survey. I missed the historic materials session, or I would
have gotten some feedback on bluestone. The big thrill was a tour group
begging to drive over the Pulaski Skyway. As conference moderater Dan
Marriott pointed out-- it was a cheerful conference, mainly because most of
the participants were happy to have found a company of like-minded freaks.

-Heidi