BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:46:06 -0800
A friend of ours has a machine shop that used to be like that.  His Dad had
it and his Granddad before that, and for all I know maybe other ancestors
before him.  It is a wonderful place to visit even now that Lester uses
more modern equipment.  All the old stuff is still there.  When I was in
high school I used to walk by there in warm weather just to see the belts
and pulleys going round and round and to hear the hypnotic slap of the
belts.  I have no idea what was going on in there just loved the sound.
Ruth

--
Ruth Barton
Westminster, VT