BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
William Gould <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The weather listserv for hotheads....
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:01:04 -0400
Butler McCook House, Hartford Connecticut, August 4, 2002

An SUV drove into the front of the oldest known surviving house in Hartford
striking the right side of the front doorway and head on into the partition
separating the center hall and the southwest parlor.  It stopped in the room
with its front right quarter against the chimney stack.  In doing so the
later 19th century white marble coal grate surround was damaged.  The room
can be seen before the accident in the latest issue of The Magazine
Antiques.  I am looking for someone who can either restore the damaged
surround or create a duplicate.  This must be first rate work.  $ 3.2 was
spent on the restoration of the property so I am told.  And the driver of
the SUV?, drunk, stolen vehicle, no insurance, what did you expect.

Bill