BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dennis Enslinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Magma Charta Erupts Weakly"
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 13:51:59 -0500
Johnettee,
In Lawrence, Kansas we do not issue the permit until the approval
process and any appeals process is complete.  For example, even if the
applicant appeals the HRC (Historic Resources Commission) determination
and it is over-turned by the City COmmission.  The permit is not issued
until the 5 day waiting period expires.  In addition, we have a 30 day
waiting period for all demolition permits.  The permit cannot be
picked-up until the 30 days has expired.  Even if the Historic Review
Process has not been completed in 30 days the permit is not issued until
the process has been completed.  In Lawrence issuing the permit is not
really a problem but enforcement of the conditions of approval are
another issue.

Dennis J. Enslinger, AICP
Historic Resources Administrator
(785) 832-3151