BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heidi Harendza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 15:57:31 EST
In a message dated 01/27/2000 12:50:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> With Lucy, it woudl be insightful, if not humbling, to see how strategies
>  and perceptions have changed over time.

From what I understand, the elephant was plagued with problems because of
some well-intentioned insulation attempts that went horribly wrong.

As I recall (but don't quote me, 'cause I'm doing this completely from memory
on a presentation I went to several years ago) to correct the problem, and
make the structure useful, the interior spaces were restored to their
original configuration; however, these spaces now serve as a climate
controled 'box' supported inside the elephant, while the skin and structure
of the elephant are not insulated or climate controled. In this way they
prevent condensation on the elephant itself.

-Heidi