BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 20:13:30 -0700
Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends to the north.  I don't have any large
calibre weapons but usually do have turkeys.

For many years we have raised a few turkeys so we would have our own for
the holidays, didn't happen this year but that's another story.  We always
order some extra in case some die along the way, which isn't unusual.  We
then have the extras to sell and it usually pays for the poults and grain
so we get free turkeys.  Anyway, one year a lady called about the first of
Oct. in great distress wanting to know if we had a large turkey for
Thanksgiving.  I told her we did and when would she like it?  She replied,
"Next Monday would be fine."  I asked if that wasn't a bit early and she
then explained that some of her family were Canadian and would be at her
house for their Thanksgiving and she wanted to make a turkey dinner.  She
bought a turkey from us for several years but now they have moved away.
Ruth