BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Becker, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:13:22 -0500

I've seen two installations: one on a standard compressed-paper-sided
recent home, and one historic home. The sheen is a soft satin, very
similar to what I remember about linseed oil paint. The thickness of the
coating is not so excessive as to obscure detail. In all candor, it
looks pretty much just like paint. I don't disqualify it on appearance
at all. The workmanship of application was pretty good too.

What I worry about, and what y'all seem to be saying is that we don't
really know what "a special blend of resins and polymers" is. And you
wouldn't choose to experiment with "pop chemistry" on your own homes in
the same way you wouldn't choose to be the first on your block to buy
contact lenses with [insert your favorite college or pro sports team]
logos at the corner convenience mart, or to get stylish gold cladding
placed on your teeth. Am I hearing that right?

Dan Becker,  Exec. Dir.    "Oh joy!  Rapture!  Now
Raleigh Historic            I have a brain!"
Districts Commission                   - Scarecrow
919/890-3678