BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Louis Sullivan Smiley-Face Listserv! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2007 19:00:53 -0100
Ken uracius wrote:

>But there were many books written about the 19th century lime and cement
>industry in the US. I personally have over 50. So are you saying that if we
>don't bother to research the facts reality becomes whatever we perceive it
>to be, or in other words we can make it up as we go along?

Ken,

We do make up the past, it is called the study of history. Not only do
we make it up as we go along but people before us were making it up as
they were going along and there is a branch of the study of history that
studies what people previously thought was past history. We perceive
what we want regardless if we read books or not. I am not against
reading books, but the fact that a book exists, or not, has no direct
impact on what the reality is of what was. Books do not make what is
real, either now, in the past or in the future (contrary to any
conclusions one might have towards sacred documents). Otherwise we would
have to admit that UFO's are real considering I have a least 100 books
on the subject. If Pyrate says that something happened that may not have
been written in a book it is difficult to argue that it might not have
happened because it was not written down and/or published. I am not
negating whatever documentation there is regaring 19th century lime and
cement industry in the US, or how much of it you have nearby to consult.
I'm only saying that the logic of your argument has a small hole in it.
I go along though with what Mr. M. Edison said re: being true to the
forensic of the existing physical structure. Add that in with what the
books say and the evidence of the books is more compelling.

][<