BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Magma Charta Erupts Weakly"
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 12:39:21 EDT
I thought Ramparts was a trashy mag we kept by the loo; oh well its good to
know that the stonework at the Jewish museum is being kicked around again as
the cathedral did the work....ahhh those were the daze....lovely clients an
never a dull moment  ...Miller Druck did the setting I believe..
....meanwhile never a dull moment out here on the Great plains...Last
night.two perps in a stolen car came careening around the corner  of the
capital in the area of our work, .....with 5 cop cars in pursuit....They
hastily  decided to go the opposite way of the oncoming traffic in a
desperate attempt to out run the law. But it wasn't to be.... they crashed
into one of the beautifull 1920 "modern" lamp posts that adorn the boulevards
here.....then quitting their vee-hickle  (thats mid west for vechicle) and
high stepping it past me and my crew who were peacefully munching their brie
and pate'   ...(thats no baloney) complete with a half a thermus of muscadet
to refresh the palate;...(hey ;their French).
Now... I do not watch a heck of alot of T.V; I prefer books; but I have seen
the series Cops; .....and as art imitates life ....I did a really dumb
thing;.... I took a shooters stance; with both arms streached out mimicing a
firearm and yelled "Freeze...get down on the ground now " and repeated it
pointing at the fleeing perps;
 then..... They did a really dumb thing ; they hit the ground.!!!.
...but realizing I wasn't armed and I wasn't a cop...they took off doing the
440 over hedges in record time...but not before the cruisers tore up the
lawn; unleashing two half backs of Nebraska's finest to put the tackle on
them in the end zone.
Afterwhich; and here is the real crime; it was discovered these two nabos had
a baby in the back seat with them.....
The french were thrilled to see live american crime stoppers in action;and
munched more heartily on their sandwhiches;as they were right on the scene;
 while I took a long pull on the muscadet; and thought what if the perps had
been armed ?or had we  been standing directly by the lamp.?
What if What if...when the good lord takes you ;its your time....just don't
hurry things up with the stupid factor.......Live from the high plains Michael