BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 20:58:33 -0500
The Mrs and me and friends from an earlier and youtful adventure in a
land some 10,000 miles or so from here, went "Up Nort" for a couple of
days.  I wadded in the Mississippi at its headwaters, or at least where
the CCC moved the headwaters and marveled and laughed at the best kind
of preservation problem....someone elses'.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, younger daughter sat at a stop light
behind an Explorer in my little red '88 corolla with 198,000 miles on
it.  She's fine.  Car is not.  Some fool playing Grand Theft Auto with
a car he stole from a "friend" hit her from behind, smashing the
corolla into the Explorer's tow hitch.  The tow hitch lodged in the
radiator...handy for moving the Corolla out of traffic.  The fool
skedaddled and was eventually apprehended and tossed in the public
housing unit with the 24 hour police protection.

Kinda put a damper on the trip.  Daughter was planning to take the car
to school next semester.  I'm gonna go out and buy a lottery ticket.

Oh... I used the word "wythe" in a report and got the comment that the
reader had never heard the word.  I use the word to describe the
thickness of a masonry wall...two wythes, two stones or bricks wide,
three, three wythes... am I spelling it wrong, or making up words?

-jc