BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Only in Vermont: "What is Cerveza? --Ruth"
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 05:21:49 EST
Even before the "designs" (which look like a handful of broken weeds to me) were published, I thought that the WTC ought to be rebuilt exactly as it was.  I never particularly liked them as buildings, but they sure as hell had a presence, and they didn't look like the contents of the junk drawer in everybody's kitchen.

Chrif's plaque on every corner sounded good inititally, except invariably some people are going to get "better" intersections than others (who gets 42nd and 5th, and who gets 142nd and 5th?), and the chances that any of the intersections had anything to do with the person memorialized are slim.  Dull as it would be, how about an engraved granite paver for each with name and dates in the plaza between the restored buildings?

Mr. Insensitive