BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Louis Sullivan Smiley-Face Listserv! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2007 22:26:37 -0100
>As for the accuracy of what is in books of the time, we have to distinguish
>between technical books, which are based on clearly presented facts and data
>that were subject to challenge, and the sort of faith-based quasi-historical
>writing that ][en refers to.

We have to have faith in those who precede us that they meant well and
rational and that we understand them clearly. The 19th century in
America was quite amazing in any manner that we desire to imagine it.

][<