BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Listserv that makes holes in Manhattan schist for free! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 11:36:17 -0100
Brian,

Reminds me: somewhere I read that a reason the Jews were relatively
passive in the early portions of the holocaust (Warsaw ghetto in
particular) was that they did not tend to beat and terrorize their
children whereas the Germans were easily excited to SS activity and
beyond as they were all very much in the habit of beating and
terrorizing their children. I am of fairly recent German ancestry with a
bit more distance on the Scot. I have no idea if the comment is true or
a stereotype. I do know that if one is brought up in an environment
where they are subject to violence or terror that it provides a very
difficult cycle of reaction to break out of.

To live a life without fear seems to me an admirable goal. It is the
salvation from fear that is the promise that I find in the example of
Jesus. Though I remain adamant in my conviction as a Theocratic Anarchist.

I also came across recently, "Spare the rod, spoil the husband." That
seemed a bit kinky to me.

A while back two baby experts died. One believed to spank, and one to
not. Seems interesting to me that you can have two bonifide 'experts' on
opposite sides of anything like this. Who wooda thought it possible?
They both died without ever resolving the issue. The relevance of this
discussion to histo presto is to recognise how many experts there are in
historic preservation. As well that you can spend twenty years listening
to ppl say the same crap over and over.

I had a cousin who was brought up on the Spock method but I'm not sure
what variation it was as he was not allowed to play in the dirt pile
with us with our Tonka toys, stones and sticks. Go figure. He grew up to
be something of a whimp... though I may be corrected in that I think he
also grew up to be a butcher.

My last impression of him I was using an auger drill to drill through a
floor joist, working overhead from a step ladder. You have to be fairly
well braced and determined to drill a hole in order to do this. He asked
if he could try it. I obliged him. Why not? He pulled the trigger, the
auger caught and did one of those mad twist around maneuvers that wraps
the cord several times around the drill body and tries to wrench your
arm out of the shoulder socket while breaking your wrist. If you are
really good and only haphazardly braced it also tries to whip around the
side handle to smash into you skull and poke your eye out. Then it
knocked him off the step ladder. In most cases the auger stays in the
joist with the drill hanging from it that jerks up and down a few times
as if to say, "So there!" It was a surprise to me though he did not
think it was and that I had meant it to happen. I suppose it reinforced
that he should stay away from playing with toys. It has been more than
thirty years now since I have seen or heard from him.

][<