BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David west <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Magma Charta Erupts Weakly"
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 22:22:43 +0100
>>> Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]> 13/10/99 7:20:35 >>> wrote:

Possibly we can interest you in leading a picket line?

][<en

Well, when I reread my post, the thought crossed my mind that perhaps I could protest against something ... but then I realised that the strongest protest would also have majority support ... so what's the use in protesting about the need for less separation between the people who do the work and those who decide what is to be done.

Interestingly, in new building there is a strong trend towards design and construct contracting.  And with that, there is a gradual shift towards bigger and bigger firms which combine both design and construction.  Of course, the subcontractors are still there, so now it is the designers and the construction managers who are in bed together, and the little guys still get screwed.  Maybe there will be a change at that end too.  And maybe this can flow over to historic preservation.  Maybe.

david