BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Louis Sullivan Smiley-Face Listserv! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 09:19:02 -0100
Rudy,

I wrote something for the APT Communique years back about BRICKS and
they would not publish it. I had been asked by the then editor to push
the envelope a bit more towards getting folks excited about their news.
I believe to a particular segment of sensibility that I got considered
volatile dangerous stay away.

Is that a tool in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? Company I
worked for some 30 years back had a T-shirt, Quality Erections. My son
wears it these days. Or, Roofers are always on top ( I almost got banned
from the Writer's Union for wearing that one.). You can go on with
this... but the mainstream in our own field won't have anything to do
with it. The pressure is that we need to be respectable. It is an
upwardly mobile kind of dream. Which reminds me in my last company we
had a few 7th Day Adventists who were upset that they could not talk
about the female population on the streets around them as freely as
their team mates. So we talked about architecture. From then on they saw
a whole lot of overhanging cornices that I would never have noticed.

Now, if someone were able to write a blockbuster screenplay about timber
framers and brick masons we might be getting somewhere. As it is
producers of media culture do not have much interest in the trades,
traditional or otherwise. And then there was that TV celebrity we met at
Kink Kee that turned out to be a complete ass in public.

Imus was bringing in 8+ M per year for the network.

I cannot wait to see Beavis & Butthead Restore Poplar Forest.

][<