BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 22:54:59 EST
In a message dated 97-12-22 17:28:13 EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

> locals know what can be accepted by their community.  I suspect
>  that successful planning comes from giving public spirited locals new
>  better ideas and let them convince the community that its in their
>  interest to change...one small step at a time.

There should be a listserv somewhere dealing with urban planning.

Would it be serving a need to provide a place for grassroots Mainstreet
Planners to connect into the I-Way to find historic preservation planning
tools?

My 17+ son came out of nowhere, while filling out college admission forms,
with the idea to apply to an Urban Planning major. I'm 100% behind him, though
not too sure if he selected it because it started with the letter "U". Prior
to that he wanted to be a teacher of math or history... and I complained that
the local educators were tracking him in their own images. I fully expect he
will not decide where he is going until he has been there. My only insistence
is that he minor in Philosophy... so that he can at least figure out how to
support himself in the future.

][<en