BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv that takes flossing seriously! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 04:35:31 -0800
Jim,

Actually proably yes. Depends on how it is structured.
The crane operator for a fact was paid.
To contract there you need a license, or a patron (like Pyrate in MS),
labor, a dump truck (s), bobcat(s) & shovels.
Helps to have an RV for the crew. Portable office in a Suburban.
Put up signs all over the place. Multiple small contracts. A dispatcher
& someone to track receivables.
You need another good person to stand around, watch the scene & talk to
the local folks.
If one don't pay the other 19 will. Run fast and count the cash at the end.

As to going there to the lumber yard independent and putting out the
word... if you don't get paid by the day then change jobs.

The situation is such that property owners are desperate for something
good to happen in their lives... something besides a blue FEMA tarp.
Clearing out a lot makes a change... puts a bit of order on what is a
clearly disorderly situation.

The carpenter's shop where we were trying to store the wall was flooded
out and it was obvious that they had gone in and thrown out everything
that was damaged into a pile outside the door.
It is also an opportunity for a wood hound to collect salvaged wood.
Some folks would rather have their architectural artifacts be salvaged
than destroyed... like donating a heart.
We have a contact from a lady that saw the news and asked if we would
take the floor boards & siding off her house.
One project I saw on the web is Wood Mizer has set up a training
facility and folks are now out cutting up downed trees into lumber.

][<