BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anyway, how do you "persuade" someone to be Hebrew? Sign me,Uncut" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 10:27:20 EDT
Michael,

I've only once had anyone think to do last rites over me. I was in an alerted
state and stopped them. Very touched by the rabbit in the wet grave. Geeze...
I can imagine having to take in the smile of your ugly puss as redeemer.

More from the journal, please, please please!

At recent short short safety talk to group of students at Preservation HS I
informed them that exposure to working with experienced craftspeople they had
to recognize that they were also working with survivors. To be an experienced
craftsperson I find  implies having at least once skirted death. I told them
that I'd only come close to killing myself about four times, then I went on
to talking about what it feels to get an old rusty nail clear through your
foot. Lifting foot, pointing at foot, wincing expression (I was demolishing a
Finnish outhouse, drinking beer and wearing sneakers. The remainder of the
day had something to do with fog and Vodka.) The kids seemed to get the
point. One girl almost decided not to come to FBF after my talk. When it
comes to safety I don't like to waffle around. The kids did fine. I only saw
one instance when one of them came close to getting a hand smushed.

][<en