BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Magma Charta Erupts Weakly"
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 18:17:02 EDT
Sharpshooter,

What we still don't know, and I'm not sure if anyone really wants to know, is
if it is OK to put a clear sealer on natural stone. If I have to sit through
another ten years of this discussion I will barf.

What we still don't know is why roofing cement never came out in designer
colors. Where was Ralph Loren when we needed him the most?

What we still don't know is why with so much talk about preservation
technology that property owners (especially govt. agencies) give out jobs to
idiots (or thieves) in pick-up trucks who don't give a friggin shit about any
technology, except possibly the flow-thru on their local ATM. (This may
require editing prior to discussion w/ The Editor.)

What we still don't know is why if the building has been there for 150 years
the price to fix it has to be in by Monday morning, it is now late Friday
afternoon. Like nobody thought of this until this week?

What we still don't know is why property owners have no clue, or at least
make no confession of intelligence as to where the chunk of cast iron laying
on the sidewalk in front of their building fell from. I have been told that
is why they have insurance.

What we still don't know is why you can spend an hour explaining over and
over to a property owner that the 20 story front of their building could just
possibly slip off without notice, and they still refuse to put up a sidewalk
bridge.

What we still don't know is why riggers fall off of buildings, or others in
the trades fall through ceilings in theaters. Likewise, what we still don't
know is why somebody else keeps taking out the cross braces in the pipe
scaffolding.

What we still don't know is why electricians like to drill holes through
mortise joints in timber frame structures. I think it has been pinpointed why
more electricians die than with any other trades.

What we still don't know is why some idiot architects believe that
preservation construction is a commodity market. I've been told that any
moron can patch stone and set terra cotta.

What we still don't know is where the hand tools keep disappearing to.

Enough? Or do you need more?

][<en