BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Tegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 2009 22:15:09 -0500
There were so many helpful comments about my spectacle disaster, that
I want to a- thank everyone and b- report:
Today I picked up my new glasses- so-called DST bifocal lenses. (yes,
new frames do look a bit like welfare glasses!). The lenses are so
incredible: no fish-eye distortion. I think they'll let
me see a beam as straight on not curved! I settled on varilux brand.

While I was digging around, I found this study which Bullas, who feast
on technical arcana, might find interesting.

Mary

Comparison of Bifocal and Progressive Addition Lenses on Aviator
Target Detection Performance
http://www.aoa.org/x5343.xml

M.V. Tegel, hands-on impresario
Tegel Design + Planning