BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 22:10:37 -0400
From: "Ken Follett" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 5:05 PM
Subject: Re: In honor of Billy Collins and National Poetry Month

> In a message dated 6/3/2002 10:31:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> > I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity.
>
> Interesting.
>
> ][<en

Ken, it's not fair to quote from this message without the posting of the
rest of the thing to the whole list (since I only sent it to a couple of
you; I sort of have a bias against "forwards"  ;)  )

I sure wouldn't want anyone to think I'm the one who coined that
phrase...
so, here's the rest of the message...
-----------------------

hello all, I received a forwarded forwarded forward this evening....
apologies to those who've already seen it
I have no idea whether this is for real or bogus, but for what it's
worth:

<< This poem is composed entirely of actual quotes from George W. Bush.
The quotes have been arranged for aesthetic purposes by Washington Post
writer Richard Thompson. Too good not to share, especially during
National Poetry
Month... >>

(so, THIS is why I've been struck with the compulsion to write bad
poetry, it's NPM!! what a relief, I thought it was just me, losing my
close to single-Roman-numeral-letter aged mind...)

<<MAKE THE PIE HIGHER by George W. Bush

I think we all agree, the past is over.
This is still a dangerous world.

It's a world of madmen and uncertainty
and potential mental losses.

Rarely is the question asked
Is our children learning?
Will the highways of the Internet become more few?
How many hands have I shaked?

They misunderestimate me.
I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity.

I know that the human being and the fish can
coexist.

Families is where our nation finds hope, where our
wings take dream.
Put food on your family!

Knock down the tollbooth!
Vulcanize Society!

Make the pie higher! Make the pie higher!  >>

 deb