BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rudy R Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 2009 21:54:09 -0500
Tapcon concrete screws. (That's assuming there's no radiant heat system in
the slab.) They are available at the big box hardware stores, and most mom
and pop places. You drill a clearance hole (match the drill bit to the
OUTSDIE diameter of the screw threads) in the bottom plate after the wall is
standing in place. Then switch to the masonry bit that comes with screws and
drill into the concrete. The screws then screw directly into the concrete.

Make sure you don't get screws that are too long. For 2x4 bottom plates, 2
1/4" or 2 1/2" is fine. Any longer and you'll break the screws.

Ben-screwing for years now.