BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bruce Marcham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Magma Charta Erupts Weakly"
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 11:44:20 -0400
I just returned from a conference at Pocono Manor Resort (in Pocono Manor,
PA) and found it to be a very peaceful place with the exception of the large
trap shooting covention being held at the edge of the golf course.  We get
enough of the bang-bang in upstate NY at this time of year without paying
bucks to listen to it on a getaway weekend (of course downstate gets it all
year round).

Lots of stone work at this place.  I thought of what Ken would say when I
saw a guy on a 20' long 18" wide plank about 30 feet off the ground, no
safety equipment, working by himself, on the back side of the building,
scraping a sheet metal soffit.

The place is somewhat moldy and worn at the edges but at least the stone
work seems to be in good shape (to the untrained eye).