BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:07:22 -0500
Bonjour Tobie,

First a plain hard fact : the best strings come froms the guts of herbivores, the poorer the diet, the harder the peristaltic effort the better the gut. In a similar way, the best wood comes from trees with slow growth, the annual rings are closer.

I had the same argument about drum skins, old myths say that the sound of a tiger or wolf skin on a drum is loud enough to split the goat skin on a drum placed near it.

A friend who worked as a zookeeper once told me that another advantage of a diet heavy in fibers, for the animal you are taking care of, is that herbivores shit is less messy to clean up, the most disgusting stuff being lion shit and the less problématic one was elephant dung.

Oh ! élephant gut drone strings .... this is interesting .

A bientôt ,
Henry