BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Louis Sullivan Smiley-Face Listserv! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2007 12:04:10 -0100
c,

I do not believe the scaffold guys should be forced to wear their masks.
I believe that they should be educated to know the consequences of their
work environment. A hard hat can be seen from the ground, a dust mask
not over the nose is difficult to spot. Problem with the cheaper dust
masks is that one cannot breath very easily with them. A more expensive
dust mask can be provided that is more inducive to comfortable use. The
dust masks being used are inappropriate to the task. They are
uncomfortable and restrict breathing. I would not want to have to work
and wear one myself.

As to interior work on the public schools it would be nearly impossible
to put the kids elsewhere for the duration of the work. We looked at a
project in Hartford recently where the college says that they are going
to house the students in a hotel for the next year. There are no other
or enough buildings available in the urban environment to relocate the
school process. Parents would likely freak in Brooklyn if their children
were daily shipped off to a facility in NJ.

The interior work seems to be handled through the custodial -
maintenance angle and the custodians have a very strong say over what
happens in their areas of control.

][<