BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 18:05:04 -0500
ARWNY wrote:

> The drawback with sending workers to manufacturer classes is that, after you
> have made a capital investment, the workers remain free go elsewhere and can
> ask for higher pay based on the training you provided. It is similar to the
> idea that the older stonemason should find apprentices, who often leave and
> start their own competing firms - as I once did myself. After a while the

Yes, but...  Sending me to training tends to make me too happy to look
for new opportunities for employment...when the training budget dries
up...I'm outa there!  ( or at least sullen and ornary).  Providing good
training and good tools shows that your employer values you...sort of.
Of course one asks for more money after one has learned new skills!
What's your point?  An employee is going to ask for more money just
because he's now got more experience breathing!  At least if you
provided the training you know what the quality of it was!

-jc