BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Becker, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
maybe this could fall apart after the checks clear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:49:49 -0500

First, I congratulate you on your acquisition of a 20th Anniversary Mac.
You are wise to safeguard it from TLRs; in 50 years, it will be a
treasure worth more to them than a few computer games and gum wads
stuffed into the keyboard today. Be sure your will restricts them from
using it or selling it before its full value is realized; if you can't
trust them, then will it to me. I'll take care of it for you.

Now, you curmudgeonly atavistic throwback (one of my very favorite terms
dredged from the Department of Repetitive Redundancy Division): we are
on the threshold of the 30th Anniversary Mac. You need to get with the
program. OSX oozes a sylvan lushness. The Chicago font is gone. Dead.
History. Hie thee over to yon Apple Store and drive a machine with OSX.
I've been running it exclusively at home for months now with no
problems, only delight, and it's only going to get better. Makes coming
into work and using this PeeCee even more distasteful now than it ever
was. Of course, the Microsoft hegemony exists over there too, but at
least it is customizable unlike AOL hegemony.

HTH,

Dan Becker,  Exec. Dir.    "Oh joy!  Rapture!  Now
Raleigh Historic            I have a brain!"
Districts Commission                   - Scarecrow
919/890-3678