BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edison Coatings <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Louis Sullivan Smiley-Face Listserv! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 17:44:27 -0400
OK, ][en, you started it, so let's go to the next argument.

It seems to me that almost all the issues you talk about are good reasons to
specify and use prebagged mortars. You don't like sand blends, so don't blend
the sands yourself. Your mixing laborer occasionally leaves out the binder
(and who knows how often he actually gets everything in correctly), so don't
let him add anything but water. Most of the time you can't be bothered to get
exactly the right mortar, and you'll use something that you think is close
enough - so don't be bothered, just get a bag of the right stuff and you won't
have to be bothered thinking about it.

The only problem that it doesn't solve is that you have to think about what
you're going to need 5-10 working days before you get into the pickup truck
and decide to go repointing today.

So I'll ask you your own question: Which of these problems is the more
important one?

Mike E