BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heidi Harendza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The weather listserv for hotheads....
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 20:49:22 EDT
In a message dated 08/27/2002 5:09:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  We also used some sort of drainage mat (Cedarbreather, by Benj Opdyke, I
> think) beneath the roof shingles, so the shingles got to "breathe" and
their
> undersides didn't stay wet against tar paper.

Well... as far as I know... we won't be using any tar paper. There isn't a
subroof or anything... just rafters and shingles and shingle lath. I did read
about the copper -cedar issue, so one of the roofing contractors that has
been helping me set up our specifications recommended lead-coated copper.

Any other caveats that you can think of? Tell me now so I don't look like a
goob-- I'll throw myself off a bridge if I screw this one up after being
called in as the "expert."

-Heidi