BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B-P on ICORS: The Orange Blaze/Texas Funeral Home Commission
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 23:25:37 -0800
>>Dendrochronology will date it with finality.

Dendrochrono will tell you when the tree died.   When it became a building
may be something else, like the Chinese versus Anglo way of dating the age
of humans.   They say you are one year old when born in the Chinese
tradition, and one year old a year after in the Anglo heritage system.
Apparently Stradivarius used timbers cured in a salt water harbour for many
years before making them into violins.   I once lined the inside of my house
with cedar split slabs from an ancient growth piece of tree long long off
the stump.

No slices needed.   Just a nice little bore hole starting at a bit of wain,
with the core removed.   The hole can be plugged if in an old timber, and
should be if in a living tree.

cp in bc