BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Larry Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 2009 16:40:45 -0500
They look like a stink bug on steroids with a proboscis made for blood sucking. They prefer the fleshy parts such as the lips, hence the name, also are known to carry Chagis (sp?) disease. When we camped out in hammocks, I slathered myself with various chemical bug deterrents. The guy who warned us didn't use a mosquito net and ended up with a half dozen bites on his back the size of quarters.

Larry2