BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 10 May 1998 19:18:40 +0000
Fuller Domes

I have always been fascinated by the idea that Bucky Fuller wanted to
put a geodesic dome over Manhattan.

The kinds of questions that come up for me are as follows:

1) how would they scaffold the outside of the dome in order to do
maintenance?
2) would the waterproofers and roofers support the project?
3) would there have to be concession of territories for exterior
maintenance?
4) would the concessions be mob controlled?
5) would the dome be financed by bonds invested in by the Japanese?
6) who would demand payment for air rights?
7) would it have a big sign on it saying "TRUMP"?
8) would historic neighborhoods have to be leveled in order to
accomodate the base?
9) if Mr. Fuller lived in Forest Hills then why did he not propose a
dome for Queens?
10) when they build the next tallest building in the next century would
it poke up through the dome like a chimney?
--
][<en Follett
SOS Gab & Eti -- http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Cafe/5836