BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darling, all I want is that you should be a pinhead -- Arlene Croce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 17:03:33 EDT
Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete (GFRC) is correct.

Above the entry, right above the door, to the Barnes & Noble at Union Square
the full width of the stone water table with dentals is GFRC made to
replicate the existing stone on the building. The units are held in place
with stainless steel anchors and the joints are caulked with a urethane
sealant. I have a section of same sitting in my back yard getting weathered.
GFRC in my experience has better color retention than figerglass, and can be
made to look very much like the stone it is often fabricated to mimic. It is
molded, faster to fabricate and cheaper than carved stone as well as lighter
in weight, reducing transportation and installation time and cost. The shell,
as I remember it, is +/- 1/2" thickness.

][<en