BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lisa Sasser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 19:39:54 -0400
][en,

A friend of mine who was in the Peace Corps in Guatemala told me that it
was a national law that rabbit meat could only be sold in the markets if
the ears were still attached to the carcass.  This was necessary for
consumers to be certain that they weren't buying cat meat.  Apparently cats
are universally known in Guatemala as "roof rabbits".  My tortoiseshell cat
Swift, AKA Pissant, has the unfortunate habit of refusing to come in on
nice summer nights, defying the odds on becoming a snack for the Fishers.
She's figured out how to climb a tree and jump onto the roof, so she can
come scream to be let in at the bedroom window at 4:00am.  Of course she
always comes to the dormer window with the fixed screens, which requires
coaxing her to come over the ridge of the roof to the other dormer with the
removable screens so she can be let in.  At that hour of the morning Kitty
Flambe and Roof Rabbit Rattatouille sound pretty damn good.

Lisa