BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
This isn`t an office, it`s hell with fluorescent lighting.
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 07:25:46 -0500
Ralph,

I will not ignore the histo presto content. The Peck School in
Morristown which may be of comparison in decade to the town hall, though
a stone building, has a black slate roof with tan TC chimney pots and
all of the hip and ridge are a red clay color. I select this building
because I know it, and I point out that if on a millionaire's house they
did not use a "custom" color of hip & ridge tile to match the ornate
chimney pots then I kind of doubt a custom color would have been used on
a public building of similar era. I am not aware, myself, of ever having
seen TC hip and ridge in anything but red clay. I suggest you may also
consider GFRC replacements.

Though this is an architectural historian's question you are asking and
I am not qualified with the expertise, nor the sensitivity to your local
heritage and I am worried that someone from Lung Island looking out
their window at the snow too early this morning would be pressing
cultural imperialism upon a friend in NJ, probably also who is looking
out the window at snow, by making any opinion, regardless if is is
relevant or not or ripe with histo presto content, therefore I suggest
that we establish a think tank. I am all on to think tanks this weekend
and am considering writing a poem or flash called, "Dunking Green Onions
in the Tinker Tank."

Are you telling us that you cannot find a scanner at the Summit Mall? Or
are you telling us that your optical capacities do not go beyond the
technology of your extensive collection of binoculars? I'll bet you Mint
Julip will be able to scan your photo.

][<en