BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 12:40:45 -0500
Bats leave dropppings.  The spores of mold that grows on the droppings
can be harmful.  Enough droppings and urin and you start getting rot in
wood members.  enough dead carcases, droppings etc., you get carpet
beetles that eat stuff....the beetles end up inside the building eating
stuff...this is a problem in museums where we like to keep the stuff.

Purdue has a web site with a lot of really good pest management
literature.  They call it their E-series.  I I think the E stands for
entomology.  I'll bet they've got some literature on Bats.

The complication is that bats are not mice.  Bats are more beneficial
than harmful and its only that we don't want them in the building.

Want more?

-jc