BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 2003 01:42:52 -0700
>Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 5:44 AM
>Subject: Cuyler Page is a pretty cool dude (was "new web search tool")

Pam,
When I saw that Subject pop up on the screen during downloading, my Delete
Key Finger almost went into automatic action as it does every time "Ein
video botschaft fur Cuyler von Lisa" or similar virusable subjects show up.
I don't give 'em a chance.   But, what the heck is a botschaft anyway?   Is
it any better than a wythe?   Maybe it is worth a try.   At least I didn't
delete your note.   But, I am not sure I like the "was" in the original
Subject line title.   I am not a was yet.

Anyway, it was a delight meeting you.   Yes, gang, Pam is herself a pretty
cool dude, well worth traveling 3,000 miles to share lunch, espresso and
chat.

The Ithaca High class of '58 reunion was a blast!   But, it was also an
amazing lesson in the power of personal genetics.  I had not seen anyone
since graduation 45 years ago, so although the names on the newly created
class e-mail list were all very familiar, the mental faces were still 17
years old.   I looked forward to seeing the effects of experience, fate and
genetics on those faces, but had no idea that genetics would be the major
factor.   Over and over, I felt as if I was talking with the parents of my
friends.   In fact, one fellow, Terry, looked so much like his father who
was one of our long ago familiar family friends, that I slipped for a moment
and asked him what his son Terry was doing.   Lots of the other classmates
commented on the parent look-alike factor too.   At the same time there was
a beautiful moment that occurred every time the now face and the then name
came together and you recognized the person through the young face morphed
before your eyes within the now face at the moment of recognition.   The
youth face was still there to see once you realized who it was, right along
side of and merged with the old parent people faces you knew when you were a
kid.   There must be a restoration message in there somehow.

cp in bc
- just flew in from the East tonight to find a big forest fire all over the
mountain not far away across the little valley from my apartment building
window and 7,500 townsfolk evacuated from their homes.   It is national news
stuff.