BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Magma Charta Erupts Weakly"
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:22:50 EDT
There is two N'awlins;really; and there is a great deal of history between
N'awlins and Cuba as that were both part of the Spanish empire.A recent
confrence was held in which many historians and some preservationists from
Cuba came to N'awlins; and  a second confrence is in the planning to be held
in Cuba( just in time for B.P.;?)
 N'awlins conjures up many images; but it is a tale of two cities really.
I'll explain that I live in the country; deep woods really; but when friends
want to go out for the week end and have some fun; a rave up with good food;
all night dancing; and carnal desires I head for the quarter; where every
night is New Years eve like it or not...Book Hotel Bourbon get a balcony; and
watch the show.Do not be afraid an avoid the big turist bars like Pat Obriens
catch the 2-5 piano show at the bar there ; a real hoot.
 Many southern gentlemen and ladies keep private apts in the quarter ; as
anything goes; and its safe; I have a friend who plays piano with Charmain
Neville and he lets his young daughter wonder freely about; its
safe...however like Brooklyn there are streets you do not go past...so keep
it in the 10 block radius and you will be all right...call me if you want a
neat B.B there. Do not rent a car
If you are not up to the party; avoid the quarter and stay down St. Charles
street;( The Collumns.Hotel) all  around is ..great ethnic food; historic
homes  and parks and classic cemetaries.... all my ancestors are in
Cypress...as is Gallier; (the famous 19 cent architect) for N'awlins who is a
cousin of mine; and my ancestors provided alot of the slate for N/awlins..so
when you look down you will see alot of  slate
.If you do one thing ; eat good(comanders table;and many many others
including Antoines; wich across from is a gay'drag thai resurant with a great
"Floor Show" that will leave you  in stiches,and the food is great. I would
invite you to stay at the family home; but as my family sided with the noble
cause of the South; (AP Hill ...was a cousin) The  theiving yankees took
everything; and burned down the house ; not before stripping it bare and
molesting my great great grandmother who held the northern scum off with a
horse pistol(Im told) so they couln't get her daughters. We still have the
silver that she threw down the well; goblets and a silver turine adorned with
scottish bulls(an that anin't bull)   Best Michael