BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

The saddest thing someone can say: "I used to write poetry."
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:39:57 -0800
Greetings Y'all!

We're in the planning and early design stages of a major
infrastructure project necessitating art conservation.

Sometime in the next week, I need to talk to someone with best
experience in stabilization of potentially or partly loose (detached,
unkeyed, delaminated) plaster ceilings.  This will involve detection
and documentation (thermographic, tapping, radar,etc.), anchorage
and/or injection of consolidants or adhesives under the surface.  The
subject area has valuable paintings and frescos directly applied to
brick vaults.  Adjacent work involves drilling and channeling into
floors above and in adjacent spaces, therefore there will be
consequent vibration monitoring and safing off and observation from
the area below the frescos.  Plaster conservation must be from below
due to thickness of the vaults.

David knows as much about plaster as anyone I have met, but I'm open
to other names and suggestions.  We're talking highest level of value
and care, and significant size and scope of work.

Any leads?

--Rhodes