BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

When I'm in bed I'm a tourist.
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:55:03 EDT
about to leave for the cape with peanut and Ma ma  ; th house where we are
staying is a 1689 salt box...with heavy rope bannister  to get to our berths;
the floor planks are the better part of 24 plus inches and she creaks in a fair
wind...Pyrate

Ps seems Im not alone  read on

".But the most remarkable thing in the house were the singing doors.
As soon as morning came the singing of the doors  sounded throughout the
house.
I am unable to say why they sang-whether it was the fault of rusty hinges,or
the  workman who made them concealed some secret in them-but the remarkable
thing was each door had its own special voice;
the door of the bedroom  sang in the highest treble, the dining room door in
a horse bass, while the one in the front hall  produces some strange cracked
at the same time moaning sound ; so that listening attentively one could
faintly hear quite clearly : My,  oh ,    my,     how cold I am ! "

Nikolai Gogol   Old world  Landowners 1835