BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Becker, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
only great work is done in monkish silence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:35:30 -0400
We historic district staff in North Carolina are starting to see
requests in historic districts for a regionally advertised product,
"Spray-on Siding," from a company named Alvis Coatings, Inc. based in NC
("ALVIS Spray On Siding is a special blend of resins and polymers that
are designed to look like fresh paint but endure like siding."). It was
very hard to get any technical data on what exactly it is. They have now
posted some ASTM test data on their website. I am wondering if anyone on
the list would care to look at this info and interpret the numbers for
me. It would be greatly appreciated. Scroll to the bottom of the page
for the test data.

http://www.sprayonsiding.com/sprayon.html

The other question I can't get any info on is methods of surface
preparation and application. It could be the greatest thing since sliced
bread but if they have to blast the surface to get it to stick, that
would be bad. So I'll keep poking around on that issue.

Thanks,

Dan Becker,  Exec. Dir.     "What's this? Fan mail
Raleigh Historic             from some flounder?"
Districts Commission         - Bullwinkle J. Moose
919/890-3678