BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ilene R. Tyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The parapyschology listserv ....
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 06:43:59 -0400
expansion joints -  And why can't they coat the caulk with mortar-sand,
to better mask the difference?  Yes they can, Christopher, and I like
the thread.

The contractor at the (Nashville)Parthenon embedded aggregate from our
various mixes into joints where sealants were used.  The building has no
expansion joints, but we selectively used sealants at joints, such as
around the metopes, because there had been a history of a crack opening
up, and leaving a gap in the pre-fabricated panels.  Crushed red quarry
tile was used in the metopes to match the background, and nutty pebble
was used at other structural joints to match the buff sections.  We
didn't have to use any of the blue aggregates, because those areas were
never structural.  The decision to do this was the result of discussion
in monthly job meetings.  Refreshments were warm Krispy Kremes, which
always eased tough decisions.

QUINN EVANS | ARCHITECTS

Ilene R. Tyler, FAIA