BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:40:29 -0500
assuming that your also going to be putting down a finished floor,
and also considering that 75-85% of the basement work that we have done in the past three years has had dri-core (24x24 panels T&G)  and pre-finished flooring installed a s a finished floor....
a double bottom plate attached directly to the concrete with tapcon screws has been the simplest option.  I leave a 1 inch space away from exterior walls and prefab my wall partitions a little small and shim to the top plate/ floor joist.  I also wrap the back of all of these partitions with Dow styrofoam house wrap or 3/4 styrofoam T&G panels.  I might be a little lumber heavy, but we also insulate all partitions for heating/ cooling issues, and cover all wall surfaces with 1/2 inch osb sheathing.  Considering all of the things that you might want to hang or build onto these walls, for 20 cents/ ft extra for osb....the finished product is well built.  Sorry to get carried away beyond the original question.....

PS   I also  put a bead of PL2000 under the plate and use PT plates.
The dri-cor is a vapor barrier and allows the concrete to breath.