BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deb Bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:42:13 -0500
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:29:59 -0400, William Gould
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

[snipped]
>It could be reused for building siding, floors, counter tops, bathroom
>walls, who knows.  We got the black soap stone counter tops from the UCONN
>chemistry lab and have used and sold it for counter tops.

Hello all, just wanted to point out that you have to be careful when
reusing marble because it is porous to a certain extent, and might not be
suitable for fabricating a surface upon which food was to be prepared.....

I learned this when reworking a couple of 1" marble slabs that were
salvaged from a set of toilet partitions     ;)

deb