BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ilene R. Tyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
This isn`t an office, it`s hell with fluorescent lighting.
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:46:21 -0500
Using "32 gauge rippled  tin on the dropped  ceilings....  Im not sure
we [you] are  going to get an  enhanced sound."  You won't.  It's still
a hard metal that reflects and bounces the sound waves all over the
place.  Perhaps I don't have the entire picture.  Now, perforated metal
is an excellent way to modify bad acoustics, if you can reatin the air
cavity above the dropped ceiling.  The small holes, if small enough,
almost disapper, and the surface can be painted decoratively or plain.
Sound waves pass through the hol(e)y ceiling and can be absorbed above
the ceiling.  I'm not sure of your intent with the building, but those
are my reactionary thoughts.

Ilene