BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bruce Marcham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 12:47:02 +0000
The old visible circuits and switches (mostly unsafe by today's
standards) could be used to carry low voltage, currently-limited
circuits (considered safe) for lighting control.  The power-carrying
circuits could be hidden behind the walls.

I'm not sure how much of the old wiring (tube and bobbin) would be
considered attractive or contributing to a decor unless you were
trying to recreate a scene from a Booth cartoon.  That isn't
generally what I think of when I think of historic preservation.

Maybe the Priggster would like to weigh in on this...

Let's see, antique wiring without the electricity--that wouldn't
recreate all of the dangers of the old stuff.  Nah, not a very
realistic recreation...

> I'm curious about safety code issues with antique electric wiring. I suppose
> you can have the historic wiring as long as it is not electrified... what sort
> of a re-creation is that?

         Bruce Marcham, Project Engineer
       State University Of New York College
      Of Environmental Science And Forestry
               One Forestry Drive
               Syracuse, NY 13210
   Voice - (315)470-6797   FAX - (315)470-6957