BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 07:29:05 -0600
If one's posterior belonged to the Fairfield County Draft Board, there
wasn't a hell of a lot of difference between #2 and #249.  As I recall
to make their quota they were going over 325.

Ah!  Coincides with the springing fourth of all them rural Communes!
Coincidence?

I wonder if anyone's ever studied the variety of responses to the
draft.  Some doing extreme things to avoid, others volunteering as
early as possible, some just letting it happen, and everything in
between.  Women's reactions were curious too.

And after all these years, my only objection is that it was managed so
unfairly.  I think public service does young people good and does the
nation and community good.  Kind of like public schools...or don't they
do that any more?  With all the focus on our deversity, who's watching
out for our unity?

-jc