BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
david west <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Royal Order of Lacunae Pluggers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 19:33:47 +1100
> In some cases, it is the integrity of the process
>
> As with, I understand, the Hopi cyclical process of
> building maintenance being a traditional process of
> renewal of sacred structures.

Or in others, it is the integrity of use.

I've just been involved with preparation of a
conservation management plan for a small dry dock.
Whilst it has significance for other reasons, the
greatest significance is that it is still being used
for the maintenance of vehicular ferries 100 years
after it was built for that purpose.

What happens if the vehicular ferries are replaced by
bridges?  The dry dock is no longer used, and it loses
it's integrity?  That's my thinking, anyway.

Authenticity is much harder, and I'll save that for
later!

Cheers

david

http://calendar.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Calendar
- Access your appointments and meetings online.