BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Krugman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv with bag-matching software - that is, we make your face match your bag." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 13:19:15 EST
In a message dated 1/19/2002 12:07:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Why are the TIFFs better?

From my repro place: When resizing, TIFFs seem to hold image quality better.
Jpgs are mostly for web use; they are "lossy," they tell me, which means that
when you fiddle around with them too much, they lose resolution that you
can't regain by manually bumping up the resolution again. I discovered this
while piecing together 15 separate images to make a large rectified panorama
of my dam. Image quality was not as good as I hoped, and the file size was
enormous. It took about 25 minutes just to spool. They told me that TIFFS
would have kept better image quality even though I reduced the file size.
Live and learn.

>  Have you tried the ixla explorer?

No, but I would love to hear more about it.

>  Did you get any snow?

Montclair doesn't have snow falling yet, but it's coming, they tell us. I
have laid in a full supply of wood for the fireplace and the requisite bottle
of cognac. C'mon over, folks!

--- Julep (in her bunny slippers)